Tuesday, April 1, 2014

She's Always on My Mind

It seems I can't go an hour without drifting back to her. At least tonight my mind is very insistent on me continuing in this vein. First one way and then the other... it all gets so confusing sometimes. And I'm so very, very tired. Still, the mind does not take well to rest when consumed with visions. Lucky for me, the visions have turned pleasant.

And so I present another poem (is it even a poem if there are no rhymes?).

When someone is so very far away, there are only so many ways to bring yourself closer to them. I've often found the best way to do this is to simply close my eyes. Close my eyes and dwell upon all things that ensnared me in this blissful state of co-being. Well, all the things that are proper to speak of when there might be an audience listening...

Luckily, I have a strong imagination and a talent for visualization. While this is not always a boon (particularly when it comes time to enter my worried state of mind), at times like these it is most welcome. For all I must do is close my eyes, and we are closer to together already.


With Closed Eyes:

As quickly as the dawn can turn to midday,
If you close your eyes and forget that time is passing,
So too the ways my mind shifts,
In its visions of you.
The doubts melt away, the imagination takes a new path.
I remember all the things that inspire my love.

I close my eyes and see you smiling at me,
Our hearts filled with joy.
I listen to the music of your laughter,
Watching the cute way you cover your mouth with your hand,
A shyness unnecessary in my presence,
Though the gesture makes me smile every time.
I see the gentle curves of your skin,
The perfect way your pieces come together.
Each and every view of you a gift of angel’s graces,
A challenge to my lack of faith in God.

I close my eyes tightly and imagine,
Imagine you are here with me right now.
And I imagine your eyes blossom,
As they shift…

From wonder (listen to this new thing I discovered!)
To outrage (what has he done to my precious Star Trek!?)
To fear (the world is filled with so many frightening things…)
To childlike joy (I must tell you of the many delights of ponies!)
To self-conscious ridiculousness (my pretend beach has no sand…)
To enthusiasm (is it May yet?)
To worry (why did I choose this artist’s path?)
To adoration (your words are so wonderful!)
To creation (I have this project that I’m working on…)
To Love (you are always in my heart and mind)

To countless other bursts of your truest soul.
Some born of reality,
Other just a product of my curious speculation.
All just as beautiful,
All just as captivating,
All small pieces,
Of the perfect song that is you


Always dreaming of you, my precious gift.

- Jason McAnelly

No comments:

Post a Comment