Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Touch More Melancholy

It seems the thoughts won't sit still today. So much to do, yet the mind is so preoccupied. The same thing, over and over. I can already tell this is going to be a very tiresome day. Will you be there to help me endure? That question used to be so easy to answer... Now, I have no answers. All I can do is await yours.


Waiting for Echoes

Cold and alone, I sit at the edge of the precipice,
2000 miles between you and I.
I scream across the gap,
“Hello? Are you there?”
And count the minutes,
That stretch into hours,
Until the echo comes back to me.


Struggle On

Every thought consumed,
Every hour devoured,
By the effort to make things whole.
My back bends,
My mind tires,
Under the weight of the struggle.
My fingers pause,
No words come,
I am weary from the war.
So I await your whisper in my ear,
Words to tell me “Struggle on.”
Unable to move until I hear you,
Unable to fight without your help,
Or until I finally forget,
How much I am missing you.


Unspoken

Hand in hand we walk,
You, like a child beside me,
Eyes wide and joyful.
That joy infects me.
You run ahead and around in circles,
My steps are slow with my burden.
And I want so much to ask you,
“Will you help me carry this weight?”
But say nothing,
For I am too afraid.
That you will run away,

To find easier games to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment