Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thinkin' about a Girl (again)

Sitting here, drinking my first cup of the day, and realizing why love is an addiction.


Coffee

When I wake up in the morning,
You’re the first thing in my head.
Struggle with gravity,
As I struggle out of bed.
Stumble to the kitchen,
Without a thought of eating.
My eyes are on the prize,
Of that 7am greeting.

Cause baby, you’re my coffee,
Doll, you’re my coffee.
First thought in the morning,
Leave me shaking all night.

You occupy my mind,
Like you occupy my cup.
And after that first taste of you,
I know it’s not enough.
I know it’s too late,
I know that I’m hooked,
I know I can’t stop,
Addicted and infatuated.

Cause darling you’re my coffee,
And I’ll drink you all day.
Keep you close to me always,
Never let you slip away.
You satisfy my urges,
And inspire my mind.
With your warm, wet flavor,
And the coarseness of your grind.

So let me have you in the morning,
Let me have you at work,
Let me have you anytime,
That I’m feeling the urge.

Cause baby, you’re my coffee,
Doll, you’re my coffee.
First thought in the morning,
Leave me shaking all night.

Without my coffee,
The day is a misery.
Without you, baby,

I’d rather be asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment